WELCOME

Welcome to Scrap Tower, my little corner of the world, where I share my creativity with you.

I enjoy many forms of crafting, from paper crafting to sewing. I make custom greeting cards for family and friends. I've made unique custom cards commissioned by friends.

I am proud to have been a card maker for the organization Operation Write Home (OWH) for several years supplying 1,000+ handmade cards for our HEROES.

I continue to make cards as gifts or to sell and I am testing a few other sewing and crochet projects to sell.

My current charitable project is Sew Powerful Purse and I have sewn and donated 20+ purses in the past two years. I plan to donate 10+ purses in 2018.

I enjoy sharing my creative passion with others, including children in Sunday School and Bible School, etc.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

OWH VCMP 10th & Final Challenge

Here I am on the final VCMP Challenge.  It was to make a card representative of our home state.  This last challenge is definitely one of my favorites and I knew exactly what I would make for it.

Anyone from the Palmetto State, or has visited, will instantly recognize this image which is representative of our state flag.

Palmetto State
This Artful Legacy stamp is a difficult one for me to obtain a good image.  It took me 6 or 7 tries to get this one. The only white ink that I have is Color Box pigment and it is a new pad.  I had to get the right combination of ink on the stamp and pressure to get a good image.

Thank you for stopping by !

2 comments:

  1. It was worth it to make several attempts at this card because your results are lovely. Even heroes who aren't from SC will appreciate the palmetto image and navy blue color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make state flags for years where I worked, and the SC flag was always one of my favorites. You've perfectly captured the elements of that pretty flag with your card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete