WELCOME

Welcome to Scrap Tower, my little corner of the world, where I share my creativity with you.

I enjoy many forms of crafting, from paper crafting to sewing. I make custom greeting cards for family and friends. I've made unique custom cards commissioned by friends.

I am proud to have been a card maker for the organization Operation Write Home (OWH) for several years supplying 1,000+ handmade cards for our HEROES.

I continue to make cards as gifts or to sell and I am testing a few other sewing and crochet projects to sell.

My current charitable project is Sew Powerful Purse and I have sewn and donated 20+ purses in the past two years. I plan to donate 10+ purses in 2018.

I enjoy sharing my creative passion with others, including children in Sunday School and Bible School, etc.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Blue Without You - OWH Sketch #143

Hi Y'all!!!!

I have been busy trying to rearrange and reorganize my craft room. Parts of it are reorganized. The rest .... well, we won't talk about that.    I have been making OWH cards too; just not blogging.

I really like the OWH Sketch today and I have several ideas rattling around in the creative side of my brain.  {smile}

I have been trying to come up with a way to use the sentiment "blue without you".  I saw a card in a magazine which had a tree with blue leaves and that sentiment. It was cute, but I wanted to come up with something different. Today's sketch helped me create this design.

Chain of Hearts - Blue Without You

Before adhering everything, I tried the layout with a layer of blue behind the white embossed layer.  I liked it better without that blue layer.   I will probably do one of these with shades of red, or red to pink, with a love sentiment also.

Punch:  EK Success Chain of Hearts
Embossing Folder: Darice Heart
Sentiment: Computer generated with Harlow font

8 comments:

  1. Very nice card. I love your selection of cardstock and the gradation effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaawwwhhh...sweet& gorgeous! Great job using the sketch! Love that sentiment...I have seen it used with crayons if that helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, that's beautiful! Love the blues & white, as well as the chain of hearts! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I love how the embossing complements the punches! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, fabulous. I love that embossing folder and your punch also. I'll bet it looked nice with the blue layer, but I love it this way - just enough color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, this is gorgeous! I love how the embossing folder and punch go so well together. The shades of blue really pop from the all white, and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the sentiment - especially with the shades of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Susan! Love the ombre effect of the shades of blue. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete