WELCOME

Welcome to Scrap Tower, my little corner of the world, where I share my creativity with you.

I enjoy many forms of crafting, from paper crafting to sewing. I make custom greeting cards for family and friends. I've made unique custom cards commissioned by friends.

I am proud to have been a card maker for the organization Operation Write Home (OWH) for several years supplying 1,000+ handmade cards for our HEROES.

I continue to make cards as gifts or to sell and I am testing a few other sewing and crochet projects to sell.

My current charitable project is Sew Powerful Purse and I have sewn and donated 20+ purses in the past two years. I plan to donate 10+ purses in 2018.

I enjoy sharing my creative passion with others, including children in Sunday School and Bible School, etc.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

OWH Sketch #255 - Finish Strong Campaign

Finish Strong Campaign - Operation Write Home

On May 12, 2015, Operation Write Home Executive Director Sandy Allnock, after consultation with the Board of Directors, announced the beginning of the final phase of the work of the organization’s mission.
The primary reason for this decision is one that few organizations are able to announce: an ongoing reduction in beneficiaries! With drawdowns and redeployments, the number of units requesting cards has dropped to a record low, and by the August 1st date, will be so small as to no longer warrant the costs of maintaining a 501(c)(3) organization.
While this may seem sad news to some – it is cause for rejoicing! Service members are able to communicate with family and friends across a dinner table rather than by mail…and that is good news!


I am completing a few more cards for my final shipment to Operation Write Home and the Finish Strong Campaign. My box will ship well before the August 1 deadline, probably shipping in June. It has been an honor to participate in this organization and give back to the men and women serving our country and their families back at home. I have learned a lot of new techniques and grown exponentially as a card maker/papercrafter.

Here is my card for today. It is based on Operation Write Home Sketch #255 posted on May 30. This is a fun sketch and I have a few more ideas for it. I already had this cute little image colored (colored pencils) and ready to go onto a card.

Missing You - Boy & Frog
I omitted the small embellishment to the left of the large oval. I felt that the little frog in the image fulfilled that piece of the sketch for this cute image.

Digital image:    Little Scraps of Heaven
Sentiment:        Paper Smooches - Circle of Honor stamp set #M2S099
Ink:                   Memento - Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:         Echo Park  - Happy Days by Lori Whitlock (red & yellow)
                         Bazzill - Polka Dot School Days
                         


OWH Sketch #255

2 comments:

  1. Cute card and I love the image. So cute with the little frog. You did a nice job coloring too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, What an adorable image and great interpretation of the sketch! Looks like you had the perfect little guy -- and companion -- just waiting for the right sketch to come along. Thanks so much for joining our sketch challenge at Operation Write Home. :)

    ReplyDelete