WELCOME

Welcome to Scrap Tower, my little corner of the world, where I share my creativity with you.

I enjoy many forms of crafting, from paper crafting to sewing. I make custom greeting cards for family and friends. I've made unique custom cards commissioned by friends.

I am proud to have been a card maker for the organization Operation Write Home (OWH) for several years supplying 1,000+ handmade cards for our HEROES.

I continue to make cards as gifts or to sell and I am testing a few other sewing and crochet projects to sell.

My current charitable project is Sew Powerful Purse and I have sewn and donated 20+ purses in the past two years. I plan to donate 10+ purses in 2018.

I enjoy sharing my creative passion with others, including children in Sunday School and Bible School, etc.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

OLD GUYS RULE - Operation Write Home - Sketch Challenge #206

Last weekend and early week, I was was battling the cold/flu that is rampant here in Upstate SC ...ugh!  I am better but not completely over the congestion and cough. We had record low temperatures early in the week and now we have heavy rain and flash flood warnings!  A good craft day for me!  :)

It has taken me nearly a week to get my card made and posted for the first OWH Sketch Challenge of 2014.  Just today, it has been a circuitous route for me just to take the picture and write this post.

Old Guys Rule - Golfer
I have posted a card made with this 'Old Guy' before. The problem is I bought this unmounted rubber stamp at the Greenville (SC) Stamp Show in September 2013, but I didn't write down which booth I got it at - bummer! That was my first stamp show, so I have learned my lesson about that.

The golfer is colored with Spectrum Noir and Copics markers
The sentiment stamp is from Sparkle N Sprinkle Stamp Set 456 Surfin Woody
Paper is from My Minds Eye (MME) 6x6 pad Handsome Boy
The faux brads are from CANDi Choc-A-Mocha
I added a little Glossy Accents to the golf ball

Here is the OWH Sketch #206 which I used for inspiration, but did not follow 100%.
206
OWH Sketch #206
Thank you for checking it out!  Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh he's a hum dinger! He screams character! Love the square sentiment addition, and the brads outside the circle, really adds your own special stamp. Thanks for sharing and playing along

    ReplyDelete