WELCOME

Welcome to Scrap Tower, my little corner of the world, where I share my creativity with you.

I enjoy many forms of crafting, from paper crafting to sewing. I make custom greeting cards for family and friends. I've made unique custom cards commissioned by friends.

I am proud to have been a card maker for the organization Operation Write Home (OWH) for several years supplying 1,000+ handmade cards for our HEROES.

I continue to make cards as gifts or to sell and I am testing a few other sewing and crochet projects to sell.

My current charitable project is Sew Powerful Purse and I have sewn and donated 20+ purses in the past two years. I plan to donate 10+ purses in 2018.

I enjoy sharing my creative passion with others, including children in Sunday School and Bible School, etc.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

OWH Sketch Challenge #193 - Model T

The card I made today is in honor of my Dad and a car that he owned in the 1940's when he was in high school. It was a 1922 Model T Ford Coupe that he named "Beetle Bomb".  It was a fixer upper when he purchased it for $50. Dad is 82 now and loves to talk about his growing up years. Even better, he is writing stories about some of his memories, which will be so great to pass on to the grand children.

I found this stamp at the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Show in Greenville, SC, last month.  It is by Purple Daisy Design in Greencastle, PA. I did not find this stamp on their website, but they also have a brick and mortar store. I've already made one card for Dad with this stamp and he loved it!

I flipped today's sketch clockwise 90 degrees and adjusted the focal image to suit the Model T stamp.

Beetle Bomb
Rubber Stamp:    Purple Daisy Design
Paper:                 K & Company
                           Parchment Cardstock, brown
Faux Brads:        CANDi by CraftWorkCards
Hemp Twine:      Darice
Inks:                   Rich Coca by Memento
                          Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink by Ranger

*******

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card with a fabulous story to go with it. I'm thrilled that your father is writing these stories down. I do genealogy for a hobby and would die happy if I came across a book of stories! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card! I like how you flipped the sketch; and what a neat story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello fellow SC resident :) Saw your lovely card on OWH's blog and had to comment on the lovely papers and fabulous stamp. Great job on this. Hugs and happy crafting! -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a great stamp and made a perfect masculine card! I love the candi dots!!

    ReplyDelete